We are limping home. Eight hour drive today. Crazy Amelia had ambitions of driving all the way to SD, but after driving through rain in Kayenta, a torrential down pour in Tuba City, which we waited out, thank god, because it caused flash flooding west of town that was still going on when we drove by. More heavy rain when I was behind the wheel 20 miles north of Flagstaff. And then the mother of them all, the heaviest rain the two of us have ever seen, anywhere, anytime. On the I-17 somewhere just north of the Cottonwood Exit. Multiple cars were pulled over on the shoulder with flashers on, including us. Visibility was about 20 feet and the road was a river.
That’s enough stress for one day! 4pm, 102 degrees, and the need for a 30 amp plug-in. So here we are at yet another KOA. This one is kind of a dump, but the AC is cranking, and we are leaving before sunlight tomorrow.
There’s always could’ve, should’ve, would’ve beens. And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all be having a party. We are going home and then up to Orange County Airstream on Thursday to have the window replaced.